HOPIN-How to use the Backstage as SPEAKER -EN
– What is the Backstage ?
Backstage is a private video chat that allows Speakers and Organizers rehearse before going live in front of attendees. Not only are you able to rehearse, but the backstage is also perfect for testing your audio and video before the main event.
– As a speaker, you need to be signed in to your account in order to access the backstage.
– Once you get the backstage link from the organizer, and it’s your turn to speak, you need to click on the Ask to Share Audio and Video button.
– The Organizer will receive a request to admit you on screen. You can then go on to speak on camera, and even share your screen!
How to present slides on the Backstage
- Open your presentation in a new tab.
- In the Backstage, click the Screenshare icon and choose how you would like to share:
- Your Entire Screen
- Application Window
- Chrome Tab (sharing a Chrome Tab supports sharing slides with sound)
3. Select the tab or application with your presentation. If possible, set up a separate monitor to be able to view the event chat and your slides.
Note: Make sure to Exit full-screen mode on your Chrome or Firefox browser and PowerPoint when sharing the screen. If not, the PowerPoint will not appear in the list of applications due to full-screen mode limitations on Mac
4. Present from the Backstage, so you can toggle between Backstage chat and Event chat.